Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Why do I want to be an officer?

Was updating my journal and came across this entry which I wrote when I was still in Service Term last year.

//

Date: 301108
Time: 2000 hours

Title: Why do I want to be an officer?

Firstly, I'm from a low income family. Before I was enlisted, I told myself that I must get into OCS as it gives me a higher pay compared to others. With the money, I'm able to help out in my family's financial situation.

Secondly, being able to stand in SAFTI parade square in the No. 1 uniform has always been my dream. When I was in secondary school, I was from NCC. This particular CLT (Tiong) from my school changed me since then. It made me want to be the best in everything I do whenever possible. Hence during BMT, I worked hard along with my peers, hoping that we would get into the best command school in Singapore. And gladly, we did (though they are in other wings now).

Besides that, I believe being an officer gives me a sense of pride and belonging to Singapore. And also, I want to have a good experience in army so that I can share with others what I did during my OCS life in the future.

Lastly, I heard from my friends that being an officer will give me a higher chance to get employed in the future. I wonder if it's true. But at least when I'm working in the future, I'm able to apply the leadership skills that I've equipped from OCS.

Hence in conclusion, I believe being an officer will only do me good and let me learn and experience more things than the rest. I'm proud to be here and I'm be more proud on 130609 in my No. 1 uniform on the parade square.

Last but not least, I want to make my parents feel proud of me.

//

I didn't know I was so enthu last time.
Sadly, the passion is dying off.

No comments: