Monday, May 26, 2008

Life

..is so unpredictable and fragile.

I believe everyone knows about the recent Sichuan earthquake that took many innocent lives away.

Official figures (as of May 25, 12:00 CST) state that 62,664 are confirmed dead, including 62,161 in Sichuan province, and 358,816 injured, with 23,775 listed as missing.

//

I was playing pool with Pk and Kelvin Tay just now. Suddenly, I thought of the Shanghai days when Nono, Zwen and I would go and play pool at Ding Xi Lu.

Then, something came to my mind. I realised that all the people working at the pool shop were from Sichuan. Somehow, it affected me.

I wonder how they are feeling now.

I remembered when I first heard of the news, I didn't think much of it since natural disasters are common nowadays. But after I realised there are people whom I actually know are involved, I finally feel the emotions in me.

Let's hope all those affected will be fine and may God bless all who lost their loved ones and homes.

No comments: